Epicentre Aids Risk Management – Qualitative Research Assistants Jobs in Pietermaritzburg, Hillcrest Sept 2017
Qualitative Research Assistants Current Employment
Epicentre Aids Risk Management Vacant Position 2017
|Remuneration:||To be discussed|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
|Company:||Epicentre Aids Risk Management|
Epicentre is seeking three to five dynamic and experienced individuals to fill the position of research assistant at both the Pietermaritzburg and Hillcrest offices. The ideal candidates should be self-starters with a high level of initiative and attention to detail.
- Candidates must have a matric certificate.
- Degree in social/health sciences or equivalent qualification.
Essential working experience:
- Extensive experience in conducting interviews and focus group discussions defined as minimum of 30 interviews/focus group discussions conducted or a minimum of 1 year full-time qualitative research experience.
- Extensive experience in conducting interviews and focus group discussions.
- Must be fluent in isiZulu and English.
Epicentre is a South African company founded in 2001, that specializes in public health research and programme impact assessment and implementing workplace programmes.
- Computer literacy in MS office suite, internet, and email.
- Excellent verbal communication skills in interactions with individuals from varying socio-economic and educational backgrounds.
- Humble, non-judgmental and respectful to everybody.
- Listening skills.
- Analytical ability.
- Planning and organisational skills.
- Time management skills.
- Facilitation skills.
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks and prioritise appropriately.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to pay great attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Specific operational requirements:
- Ability to work on weekends and some evenings.
- Ability to conduct field work in urban and rural settings.
- Traveling between Durban and the Pietermaritzburg area.
- Recruit potential participants for the in-depth interviews (IDIs) and build good rapport with the potential participants by providing information about the study.
- Coordinate logistics for the IDIs.
- Conduct IDIs.
- Use interview guides that have been developed for this research.
- Take detailed notes during the IDIs.
- Ensure that all preparations for the IDIs as listed in the standard operating procedures (SOPs) are ready prior to each IDI. These include preparing all documents and equipment (e.g. digital recorders).
- Describe purpose of the research study to all study participants and obtain informed consent from all participants.
- Process and log audio-recordings, consent forms and handwritten/electronic notes according to the protocol so as to maintain confidentiality of the research participants.
- Assist in translations and quality control of study documents.
- Maintain various study logs.
- Co-development of recruitment strategy.
- Quality Control of final transcripts.
- Assist in weekly status report writing.
- General Administration and other duties as requested.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.